Marko Metzinger/Studio D
Whether you want to look slightly sun-kissed or savagely tanned, these bronzers and self-tanners will deliver.
1. Clarins Instant Sun Light Summer Glow Palette 15, $36, contains four sunset-y shades that blend together to create one radiant complexion.
2. St. Tropez Self Tan Spray, $35, takes the stink out of self-tanning. Its Aromaguard technology reduces that telltale tanning smell by at least 70 percent and leaves behind a sweet scent.
3. YSL Beaute Collector Trésor D'Afrique Sun Powder, $72, is a bronzer junkie's delight. Encased in wood, this massive terra-cotta bronzer is large enough to dust all over.
4. Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer, $9, gives you the same genius gradual glow as the original formula, but now in an easier-to-spread foam.
5. Eau Thermale Avène Moisturizing Self-Tanning Lotion, $22, allows even sensitive, easily irritated skin to get its glow on, with the addition of the especially soothing Avène Thermal Spring Water.
6. Physicians Formula Bronzer Booster Glow-Boosting Loose Bronzing Veil, $15, is bronzer with a twist. This powder-in-brush set lets you choose just how bronzed you want to be with the click of a dial: Choose level one, two, or three.
7. Stila Bronzing Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 with 24 Karat Gold, $32, has the Midas touch. Illuminating pearls and real gold give skin an instant sun-kissed look.
Enhance Your "Faux" Glow
With the right makeup, bronzed skin can look even more radiant. Forget about the icy pink lip gloss and frosty white eyeliner tricks of your youth, and focus on colors you'd find in nature on a vacation bronze, chocolate, plum, gold, peach, pink, olive green, and turquoise, says Ashunta Sheriff, makeup artist for Mary Kay. "These shades naturally warm the complexion," Sheriff says. Try Estée Lauder Limited Edition Bronze Goddess Sand & Sea EyeShadow Palette, $40, or Mary Kay Coastal Colors Palette, $15.