Summer-Ready DIY Nail Designs
Both Illamasquas coveted Raindrops nail varnishes are now available for the first time in the U.S at Sephora. To celebrate the new launch, Illamasqua US Nail Ambassador Fleury Rose shares this easy DIY design in seven short steps.
1. Prep nail by removing old polish, filing, buffing, and applying a thin layer of base coat.
2. Apply two coats of your preferred Raindrops polish and let dry 5-10 minutes.
3. Apply a swipe of your complementary polish in Caress (pale blue) or Harem (violet) to the smallest end of a wedge makeup sponge and gently dab at an angle creating a straight diagonal line. Pro tip: This is a great technique to create easy color block nails!
4. Apply another swipe of polish and dab the nail, creating another diagonal line which connects at the tip of the nail. There should be a triangle of your Raindrops color visible at the center of the nail.
5. Repeat on all nails and go back in with more polish on the sponge filling in the side triangles till opaque. Allow to dry 5-10 minutes.
6. Dip a very fine pointed brush in white polish, and wipe excess off on edge of the bottle. Carefully outline each nail with a thin line. Repeat on each nail.
7. Allow nails to dry 5-10 minutes before applying a top coat.
What's your favorite nail art design?
More From Real Beauty: