Beauty Fail, Beauty Score: How to Get Morning After Curls
You never really know what to expect when you ask a stylist for their inspiration on a look for a fashion show. We've heard everything from destinations, to clouds, and even livestock. But when we asked Ouidad, curl expert extraordinaire, we would have never guessed that she wanted the models to look like they just had a wild night out. "We want the girls to look like they just had a fabulous time the night before, got up, brushed their fingers through their hair and walked out the door," she said.
But how do you nab a beauty score, like the softly tousled bedheads at Rebecca Minkoff instead of a beauty fail, like when Britney Spears was snapped with this 'do last year?
Ouidad gave us her "morning after" curly hair how-to in five easy steps.
1. Starting with dry hair, spritz Ouidad Styling Mist to keep hair from falling flat.
2. Using a large barrel curling iron, curl the hair in alternating directions to get a loose, messy style.
3. Pin curls up at let cool for about ten minutes.
4. Backcomb at the crown to give your hair some added boost.
5. Finish the look with a lightweight hairspray to keep the movement but also give hold.
The secret here is to start with dry hair, and to keep in mind the messier, the better. If you need some extra help with your curls, sleep in a loose, high bun the night before and in the morning curl your waves with an iron to give them more bounce. Take a look at the back of the hair below.