Get Olympian-Inspired Beauty Tips from Carmindy!
We've been watching the Olympics (of course!) and not only are we oohing and awing over all that other-wordly athletic ability, we're also pretty taken aback by the hair and makeup. So we decided to talk to Carmindy, celeb makeup artist of TLC's What Not To Wear, and get some beauty tips on how to look like an Olympian from the other side of the screen. Here's what she had to say:
1. Rosy Cheeks: "A cheek stain will give you a natural, sweat proof flush. I recommend Benefits Benetint. I love stains, especially on days when I know I might work up a sweat. Dab a little on the apple of your cheeks and voila!"
2. Lashes: "If you notice that you have been piling on the mascara lately, you may want to check out your lashes especially if youre over 40, like me. After noticing my own eyelashes were starting to thin with age, I asked my dermatologist about it and she prescribed LATISSE® to make my lashes longer, thicker and darker. On days when I go paddle boarding or hit the gym and dont feel like wearing mascara, my lashes will still stand out!"
3. Go for the Gold or Silver or Bronze: "These precious metals are not just for Olympians anymore! Shadows and highlighters in these colors will make a statement with subtle shimmer. For paler skin, I recommend gold eye shadow. Sweep it along the brow bone and put a dab on the inner corners of your eyes. Darker skinned gals should look for a bronzier shade."
4. Luscious Lips:"U.S. Gymnast Gabby Douglass pout really stands out! Get your lips to look their very best with a tinted lip balm or a sheer lip gloss. The sheerness means you can take a risk with a bold shade!"
5. Show a Little Skin: "No need to stop your beauty routine at the chin! Get into the Olympic spirit by spraying on a little body shimmer for added oomph! I like the Sally Hansen Airbrush Shimmer."
More from Real Beauty: