Get The Look: SAG Awards 2013
We've got the inside scoop on how to recreate the lovely locks from the 2013 SAG Awards!
Celebrity hairstylist, Peter Butler, breaks down how he styled Claire Danes's chic low ponytail:
1. Starting with wet hair, apply MATRIX Amplify Foam Volumizer evenly throughout the hair to provide hold, texture and, volume.
2. Blow your hair out with a medium round brush and brush into a side part. Lightly run BIOLAGE Exquisite Oil Replenishment Treatment over hair to smooth flyways.
3. Apply Design Pulse Mega Dust to roots at the crown of your head and lightly tease to provide height to the pony.
4. Gather hair at the nape of the neck, leaving out some pieces in the front, and secure with an elastic, joining the two hooks underneath the ponytail.
5. Pull out small pieces around your ears to keep the look ethereal and not too done.
6. Lightly spray Total Results Amplify Hairspray to keep it all together, while not looking too stiff or finished.
7. Finish off the look with a few sprays of Total Results Blonde Care Flash Filler Sheer Mist as a shine spray.
Vidal Sassoon pro, Renato Campora, explains how to go classic, Hollywood glam like Jessica Chastain:
1. First start by prepping wet hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse for lightweight volume.
2. Then spritz Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray to protect hair while blow-drying it.
3. Blow dry hair with a round brush until its dry. Then, part the hair on the side to give hair extra volume.
4. Using a 1 ½ inch curling iron, curl the ends for 10 seconds, and remove for a soft wave. Once the hair cools, brush the curls out with a thin comb to soften the look.
5. To finish, spray a brush with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Extra Firm Hold Hairspray and smooth back the hairs around the face. Finally, mist with hairspray to hold hair in place while leaving it with lots of natural movement.
Vidal Sassoon pro, Renato Campora, also styled January Jones with an edgy rock 'n roll pompadour updo. Here are some tips to crafting it yourself:
1. Starting with damp hair, apply Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Mega Firm Hold Gel to all the hair and brush through so its evenly distributed.
2. Using a comb, blow-dry gelled hair to create a sleek, wet look.
3. Once hair is mostly dry, use a round brush and blow dry hair up and back to create volume.
4. In the back, tease hair with a rat tail comb to create all-over volume, especially at the ends.
5. To hold the style in place, apply Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Extra Firm Hold Hairspray to sculpt and lift the hair for a look that will last all night.
More From Real Beauty: