New Beauty Read: Feed Your Face
"Beauty starts from within" doesn't just refer to having a lovely personalityit's also an insight to having better skin. Harvard-trained dermatologist Jessica Wu, M.D. speaks to this and another common phrase: "You are what you eat." In her new book, Feed Your Face ($26.99; amazon.com), Dr. Wu explores how eating healthier is the key to a glowing complexion, not to mention the solution to clearing blemishes and smoothing out fine lines. (And slimming your waistline, too!) This is a great read for any woman who is skeptical of spending time and money on promising anti-aging creams, serums, and expensive treatments. Feed Your Face is on shelves February 1, but we were able to get Dr. Wu to share her top five tips from the book.
1. Be sure to eat a good breakfast with protein. This keeps your blood sugar stable so it can fight breakouts and wrinkles, plus help you fit into your skinny jeans!
2. You can eat pizza! But be sure to opt for thin crust, light cheese, and add green and yellow veggies to fight crows feet.
3. For clear skin, stay away from dairy. (Even the organic kind.)
4. Eat tomatoes every day to fight sun damage. Make them readily accessible by adding them to salads, sauces, and meats.
5. Steal this celebrity trick: Pre-eat before a party so you won't be hungry for fattening, collagen-busting snacks upon your arrival.
Tell us: Will you try eating your way to clearer, more radiant skin, or will you stick to store-bought creams? Be sure to check out our 33 Top Anti-Aging Foods to see if you're already defying age during lunch.