Get The Look: Dita Von Teese's Great Gatsby Hairstyle
In honor of tomorrow's release of The Great Gatsby, we've infused a touch of 1920s glamour into our hair routines. John Blaine, celebrity hairstylist and creative director for Obliphica Professional, provided us with some easy tips recreate Dita Von Teese's retro coiff at home.
1. To get maximum shine and long lasting waves, prep your hair with a moisturizing, replenishing, and UV protecting shampoo and conditioner. Mix two drops of Obliphica Professional's Treatment Serum with your favorite styling cream and evenly distribute throughout damp locks. This will help soften your hair while adding extra shine and hold without stiffness.
2. Blow dry two-inch sections with a boar bristle round brush. Begin with the under-most layers of the hair, curling the brush under the strands to create a voluminous bounce and inward curl at the ends.
3. If you want to be authentic, use rollers! Take one inch sections of hair and wrap them around curling barrels no bigger than one inch. The section of hair should never exceed the size of the rollers.
4. Beginning at the front of your head, place the roller under the one inch section and begin rolling downward toward your tips. Hold in place using a bobby pin or clip, and spritz a small amount of heat activated hairspray to the curl.
5. Once your head is crowned in rollers, set the curls by using a hairdryer on low. This will activate the hairspray for long lasting hold.
6. Gently remove the rollers one by one and apply one last light layer of hairspray for hold. Use a bobby pin to pull back a wave or two, or pin a tight curl above the ear.
Courtesy of Getty Images
Will you try this 'do?
More From Real Beauty: