5 Summer Skin Tips to Keep in Mind This Weekend
It doesn't matter if your weekends consist of sweating it out in a mall parking lot or jetting off to your summer home (if this is you, can we come too?), the sun takes no prisoners once summer comes to town.
To help you steer clear of a bad burn, Dial dermatologist Dr. Jodi Levine, M.D. has created this nifty list to keep on you all season long. Read below to make sure your color resembles Gisele Bündchen, instead of The Little Mermaid's Sebastian the crab.
1. Buy a broad spectrum SPF. Check the label to make sure your formula contains zinc or titanium dioxide for ultimate coverage. And don't just use SPF to protect your skin. Pair it with an antioxidant cream or serum to take care of the damage that results from the light that comes through sunscreen. Use twice a day and look for creams with ingredients like green tea, vitamin C, or soy.
2. Wear sunglasses to keep your eyes protected and ward off crow's feet that often develop from too much squinting.
3. Heightened sun exposure happens between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you're at the beach, find shade under an umbrella and wear a hat to shield your noggin from the sun.
4. Keep a lotion with aloe in it nearby for those extra long days outdoors. Levine recommends Dial NutriSkin's Dry Skin ($12.78; amazon.com) to keep your skin cool and moisturized.
5. Don't forget your lips and the back of your hands! Sunspots are a tell-tale sign of your age, so slather them with SPF as well.