5-Step Runway Looks: The Right Way to Get a Natural Glow at Christian Siriano
If you know anything about Christian Siriano, you'd probably expect the makeup backstage to be wild and outrageous, and usually, you'd be right (take a look at his hair inspiration last season if you don't believe us). But as Polly Osmond, lead makeup artist for MAC told us backstage, our favorite pint-sized designer wanted the clothes to take center stage this season. So instead of red-streaked faces and dark, smoky eyes, Osmond wanted to promote healthy skin and make the models look as if they weren't wearing any makeup at all.
Getting a natural glow has been a secret struggle among many of us for years. Yes, "natural" implies no makeup but who wakes up in the morning with a fresh, dewy face with no effort? If you do, kudos to you and we're jealous. For the rest of us, read the tips Osmond shared with us below to get a clean complexion.
1. Dab foundation only on the areas of the face that really need it (under the eyes, a dab on the chin, and forehead). If you're skin is having a less than stellar week, use a very light foundation to cover up spots and blemishes all over.
2. Using a clear gloss (Vaseline will do the trick), swipe over eyelids.
3. Coat top and bottom lashes with your favorite mascara (Osmond used MAC Opulash Mascara).
4. Dab same clear gloss you put on your lids on your cheekbones to highlight without shimmer.
5. Pick a light, mauve colored lipstick and pair it with a gloss (Osmond swiped on Up Til Tomorrow Lipstick and Good Times Lipglass on top). As a last step, rub the majority of the color off your lips to get a very light and natural lip shade.