Get the Look: Academy Awards 2013
We've got the inside scoop on how to recreate Adele and Stacy Keiblers Oscars hair!
John Frieda pro, Michael Ashton, sculpted a voluminous, half-up do for the lovely and insanely talented crooner. Follow the steps to re-create the look:
1. Towel dry wet hair, and work through a little John Frieda Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray on mid-lengths and ends.
2. Blow-dry your hair upside down for extra volume and lift at the roots.
3. Once your hair is about 80 percent dry, flip your back over and blow-dry the rest in large sections with a medium sized round brush.
4. Section off your hair into quarters, and wrap each section around a medium to large curling iron to create feminine texture. Then set your hair with hot rollers. After they cool, unroll and softly brush through your hair with a natural bristle brush.
5. Repeat for the remaining three sections, and make sure to pin off each curled section into barrel curls while they cool and set.
6. Let your hair rest for about 10 minutes before removing the pins. Gently tousle your hair, and tease the top half at the crown. Pull the teased portion back, and secure at the back of your head. Leave down two small sections of hair to frame your face. Finish off with Mist Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray for a long-lasting finish.
Hairstylist Robert Vetica shares the secret behind George Clooney's leading lady's glamorous look:
We wanted to create a modern retro look, very Old Hollywood 1930s glamour," said Vetica. "We chose to do a low side part, deconstructed into a faux bob with loose volume.
1. Begin with wet hair, and add a few drops of Carols Daughter Monoi Oil Sacred Strengthening Serum to add strength and flexibility before the initial blow-dry.
2. After blow-drying your hair, apply a little Macadamia Heat Protection Serum to prep the hair for curls. Take sections of hair, and curl into loose waves. Set the waves with hairspray.
3. Finally, brush out the curls, and sweep your hair into a loose faux bob, finishing off with Finishing Shine Mist to give your do a bit of red-carpet worthy shine!
More From Real Beauty: