Accessorize Your Swimsuit with These Must-Have Manis
For a day at the beach, it's best to keep the accessories to a minimum (don't want any odd tan lines here!). But how about one that you wear on your nails? MARS the Salon has designed several must-have nail designs for summer in a variety of hues and patterns to match your fave swimwear!
Want to get these fashion-forward designs on your digits? Salon owner, Hiroko Fujikaw, gives you easy step-by-step instructions to create at home.
For the plaid design, on the left:
1. File nails into desired shape and apply base coat.
2. Apply 2 coats of white polish to each nail.
3. Apply camel and turquoise polish on the tips and under the tip.
3. Using a precision art brush, create a checkered pattern on three alternating nails using neon pink polish.
4. Apply top coat to seal and add shine!
For the leopard design, on the right:
1. File your nails into desired shape and apply base coat.
2. Apply a bright red polish to the base of 3 nails and apply white polish to the tips. Use a precision art nail brush (or nail polish remover pen) to create a clean line/half moon shape.
3. Apply white polish to the base of one nail and apply red polish to the tip. Use a precision art nail brush (or nail polish remover pen) to create a clean line/half moon shape.
4. Apply white polish entirely to remaining nail.
6. Using a skinny brush (or nail art pen), apply brown (or other dark color) polish to create spots on the white tips and white nail.
7. Apply Rhinestones. Carefully apply gold mini rhinestones to red tip nail.
7. Apply top coat to seal and add shine!
How do you accessorize your swimwear?
More From Real Beauty: