That's when it's time for a little self-care.
There's an acupressure point located on either side of the very top of your nose, directly in between your eyes, known as "Eyes Bright." Applying pressure to these points refreshes your vision and clears your head. (It also makes you look like Felix Unger when hes having an allergy attack, but then I suppose I'm dating myself.) Best of all, you can do it anywhere without looking like a total weirdoI'm in a coffeeshop and just did it, and nobody looked at me like I was crazy. In addition to relieving my fatigued eyes, it helped me think up an idea for another article. Not bad for something that only takes 30 seconds to do, no?
- Sitting or lying down, whichever is more comfortable for you, use the thumb and forefinger of one hand to grasp either side of the very top of your nose, just underneath your brow bones.
- Gently squeeze your fingers in toward each other and then lift them up slightly to apply pressure to the inner corner of your brow bones.
- You can close your eyes or keep them open.
- Keep applying pressure until you feel something shiftperhaps the skin under your fingers will get warm, or you'll feel a pulsing there, or your thoughts will quiet, or your energy level will perk up.
- Slowly remove your fingers and spend a moment or two savoring your new reality.