1. Skip the smear of cream cheese (50 calories per tablespoon) or butter (100 calories) on a plain bagel and try a hot, flavored bagel, like cinnamon-raisin or salt - delicious naked.
2. Forgo regular bottled dressing (2 tablespoons, 135 to 155 calories) for an equal portion of fat-free dressing (30 to 50 calories).
3. Swap an ounce of regular tortilla chips with 1/4 cup guacamole (230) calories), for the same amount o baked tortilla chips and salsa (130).
4. Rather than a cup of tomato soup prepared with milk (160 calories), heat up and sip a cup of calcium-enriched vegetable juice (50 calories).
5. Pass up a chocolate bar (1.4 ounces, 210 calories) and soothe your sweet tooth with 10 regular-size jelly beans, 4 to 5 pieces of hard candy or 10 Life Savers (100 to 110 calories).
6. Instead of canned creamed corn (185 calories per cup), eat corn on the cob (80 calories for a medium ear).
7. Remove the skin from a chicken breast after cooking and save 100 calories.
8. If you want bacon with your eggs, rather than 4 regular strips (175 calories), have two slices of Canadian (70 calories, and as filling).
9. When making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, skimp on the peanut butter: 2 tablespoons equal 190 calories; 1 tablespoon, 95.
10. Hold the regular mayo in tuna, chicken and pasta salads and use 2 tablespoons light mayo (90 to 100 calories versus 200).
11. If pie is your weakness, pass up the pecan (430 calories per slice) and choose a slice of lemon meringue (305).
12. When you brown or sauté, skip the tablespoon of oil (120 calories) and use nonstick cookware with a spritz of cooking spray.
13. Instead of topping ice cream or frozen yogurt with crumbled cookies, crushed chocolate candy or hot fudge, top with 2 tablespoons of fresh berries (a 10-calorie extra, compared to 105 to 135).
14. When ordering shrimp, pass up the fried (145 calories for 8) and choose boiled (45 calories).
15. On a fast-food stop, say no to a medium order of fries (385 calories) and order a small one (250 calories).
16. Instead of a 6-ounce container fruit flavored yogurt (150 to 170 calories), choose a light yogurt (60 calories).
17. Forget the salted peanuts (340 calories for 2 ounces) and grab 20 thin-twist pretzels (230 calories).
18. Pop 20 plain M&Ms in your mouth (90 calories), instead of the same amount of peanut M&Ms (210 calories).
19. Instead of an ice cream bar covered in chocolate (170 calories), try a fat-free fudge pop (65 calories).
20. Skip the whip when ordering your favorite coffee bar beverage and you'll save 130 calories.
21. If you need a chocolate fix, replace six Hershey's Kisses (160 calories) with 15 chocolate chips (70 calories).
22. For a quick breakfast, replace cinnamon & spice oatmeal (295 calories) with a package of regular oatmeal, prepared with fat-free milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon (185 calories).
23. Enjoy a yogurt and fruit parfait, but have it without granola and save 100 calories.
24. Avoid the extra calories of tartar sauce (150 for 2 tablespoons) and enjoy shrimp with cocktail sauce (40 calories for 3 tablespoons).
25. Pass on the snack size chocolate pudding (190 calories) and enjoy the same amount of refreshing strawberry gelatin (80 calories).