Maisie Patterson/Getty Images
I'm finally at my happy weight and am now just looking to maintain it. What are some nutrition and exercise tips to help me simply stay in shape?
1) Change up your workout as often as possible. Just as your mind gets bored, so does your body. And when your body gets bored, it stops working as hard, and you stop seeing results. So, if you want to stay in shape, don't let your workout routine become stagnant!
2) Try not to go more than two days in a row without a workout. Stay committed to the time you have put into creating your new body. If you let too many days go by without working out, you may slip back into old habits.
3) Stay hydrated. Drink water first whenever you think you are hungry. Often times, hunger is mistaken for dehydration.
4) Always have healthy snacks on hand. You will be less likely to buy something unhealthy if you have something with you to curb your appetite.
5) Weigh yourself once a week. One of the easiest things to do is relish in accomplishing your goal by spoiling yourself with tasty treats. If you want to maintain your goal, you'll have to check in with it regularly and get on a scale.
6) Set new goals! Now that you're in shape, what else do you want to accomplish? A sprint triathlon? Scuba diving? Hike the Grand Canyon? If you were willing to work hard enough to get this new body, you obviously enjoy a challenge, so give yourself something new!
Sara Haley (SaraFitness.com) is a Fitness DVD Personality, Master Trainer and Creative Consultant for Reebok.